Alpine Spa Retreats: Soak in Tirol’s Natural Resources
A trip to Tirol has loads of health-promoting effects. The Heart of the Alps has amazing retreats in the countryside that combine relaxing therapies with picturesque landscapes. Health and therapy centers and spa resorts offer heavenly therapies and activities, like yoga in awe-inspiring mountain venues and Kneipp water therapy with stunning mountain views. Soak in Tirol’s natural resources and feel as fresh as our mountain air without leaving the spa. In a day or two you’ll feel and look like a new person. Here are some of Tirol’s prettiest places to jump in and say "ahhh".
Thermal Baths & Hot Springs
- If gorgeous scenery is your primary criterion, Aqua Dome in Laengenfeld has views that are as much the attraction as the soaking: The 50,000 square meter spa resort allows you to soak for hours while letting your eyes wander across the beautiful Oetztal Alps. This sprawling recreation complex is part water park, part geothermal hot springs, and it comes loaded with amenities that will please the entire family—this place is out-of-this world heavenly. The resort‘s hot spring is fed with 40-degree Celsius natural hot springs water. The naturally effervescent, mineral waters rich in sodium, chloride, sulfate and sulfur bubble from the ground and treat aggravated joints and dehydrated skin with all-natural, therapeutic minerals.
- The pinnacle of rustic charm, Aigner Bath is a listed bathhouse in East Tirol’s scenic Hochpustertal Valley that has welcomed visitors, mostly local farmers, since 1772. The naturally effervescent, mineral waters that bubble out from the sources here are rich in calcium and sulfate and are particularly favorable with rheumatism, gout and sciatica. Lovingly restored, a beautiful, historic jewel of East Tirol has been brought back to life here and is definitely worth visiting.
- Surrounded by dramatic alpine views, the Hot Springs of Grins were considered a healing site by the area's residents for centuries. The natural springs are rich in key minerals like magnesium, calcium and sulfate, which have skin healing and muscle-relaxing properties. A lovely hiking trail takes you from the village of Grins to the „Altes Wildbad“ Hot Springs in 45 minutes.
Health Resorts & Therapy Centers
- The lansdetox program will provide the ideal environment to allow your body to cleanse, regenerate and renew: With a knowledgeable and caring team, you will be supported during your cleanse with a healthy eating regime and a blend of exfoliation treatments, therapeutic soaks and massages. A winner of the „European Health and Spa Award“ for several years, Lanserhof is your space to breathe, relax and nourish your body and your spirit, within easy reach to Tirol’s capital Innsbruck.
- Epitomizing the true essence of escape, Tirol’s only Health Resort of Bad Haering is a unique place in which to relax and enjoy treatments and therapies. The naturally effervescent, mineral waters are rich in sulfur and are particularly favorable with rheumatism and aggravated joints and impart many beneficial effects on health in general. The state-of-the-art Four Star Plus Spa Center offers the experience of a traditional spa resort combined with new findings in the area of active prevention. Treatments and therapies on offer include detoxification and purification, tension release and stress management programs, and follow-up treatment after orthopedic surgery. Take the opportunity to escape from the pressures of modern life in order to restore the body, clear the mind and rejuvenate the spirit with carbonated and sulfur baths, mud wraps and a variety of massage therapies.
- A more luxurious spa retreat at the gateway to Alpbachtal Valley is the Mehrn Mineral Healing Bath Health & Therapy Center. The Health & Therapy Center reinvents the classic curative "taking of the waters" and Kneipp water therapy in a rejuvenating natural spa sanctuary. Aroma therapy, Ayurvedic and beauty treatments and massage therapies put the finishing touches on your relaxation.
Interpretive Trails & Wellness Parks
- While you are in Paznaun Valley, make sure to visit this 'no fee' outdoor water and health oasis in See... aptly named the Medringalm Wellness Park: At an elevation of 1,800 meters, you will find Kneipp water therapy treading pools, ankle deep water to splash about, a barefoot trail, and space to relax and restore your inner peace and balance. One terminal at the park is dedicated to colour therapy where you can find out how the energy of colour affects us on all levels. The Wellness Park is readily accessible by gondola from the heart of See, the first village resort in scenic Paznaun Valley.
- Head out on foot and explore the awesome natural beauty of Kitzbühel and environs along the 10-kilometer long „Kitztrail Balance“ Trail, taking you to places that are sure to soothe your soul. The trail follows “Paths of Silence“ past three quaint moor lakes pocketed in the woods—from the Cultural House at the village of Reith past Gieringer Weiher Pond to Schwarzsee Lake. This unique walk provides the opportunity to experience nature and the wilderness while having quiet time for reflection.
- Waterfalls are one of the best side effects of a Tirol hike. The mist that drifts from the exhilarating gush of water over the cliffs is a sublime natural air conditioner. Listen to the relentless, violent roar and feel the misty water spraying on your face. Feel the rush of the cascading waters along Stubai Valley’s amazing WhiteWaterWalk. This stunning trail lets you stroll right next to the powerful, frothing rapids of spectacular Grawa Waterfall.
Kneipp Water Therapy
- At Wilder Kaiser Region, you can enjoy the revitalizing and beneficial experience of Kneipp water therapy at the Scheffau Kneipp Resort : Explore the Kneipp Loop Trail with seven terminals designed to invigorate and rejuvenate, including a barefoot trail, an outdoor inhalation area, stairs to improve circulation and an exhilarating eagle-themed maze.
- Nestled among the towering mountains of Pitztal Valley, the Stillebach Water Worlds offer invigorating Kneipp water therapies from late May through late September. There are ice-cold treading pools with ankle deep water to splash about and elevated pools to soak arms and hands. The adjacent relaxation area with sunbathing lawn is the perfect place to relax and unwind afterwards.
- From mid-May through mid-October, Spertental Kneipp Water Therapies in Kirchberg amid the lofty Kitzbühel Alps provide a perfect opportunity to enjoy the beneficial effects of Kneipp treatments. The beautifully designed, 3,120 square meter facility features treading pools with ankle deep water to splash about, a drinking fountain with fresh spring water, foot reflexology massage areas, elevated pools to soak arms and hands and a playground for little ones.
Yoga, Pilates, QiGong & More
- In a world of busy, AlpenRetreat stands apart as a wellness destination to soothe your soul, providing scenic views of Zugspitz Arena and surrounding valleys and a casual relaxed atmosphere in a 500 year old Inn. Located in Nassereith, AlpenRetreat invites you to escape and discover one of their innovative programs, ranging from yoga classes over Sadhana retreats to walking programs.
- Experience Stubai Valley from a different perspective - the Downward Dog: From July 24 to 27, 2014, „On-Mountain Yoga“ inspires those seeking serenity as well as an outstanding experience. Join trained coaches and like-minded yogis for a unique workout at awe-inspiring venues—such as the spectacular mountaintop viewing platform at Stubai Glacier, encircled by lofty "Three-Thousanders", high altitude peaks averaging 3,000 meters in elevation.
- All summer long, the movement and exercise options offered at Kufstein Holiday Region are ideal to assist health-conscious ones in the management of lifestyle stress. The weekly program hosts a range of activity sessions from outdoor QiGong and Pilates, allowing you to breathe and enjoy the clean mountain air, to Energy Coaching and walks leading to places of strength.