Dog owners consider their four-legged friend to be an "equal member" of the family. It's not surprising, then, that most people feel guilty about leaving their dog at home while they go on a family vacation. Dogs and their owners no longer have to ruff it when they hit the road. In Tirol, they can explore the glorious mountain scenery and the awesome beauty of nature together.
Many Tirolean Regions and Hotels have been adopting new canine-friendly policies. Dogs are no longer simply tolerated; they are often indulged and given the red carpet treatment. With special amenities and services, dogs are welcomed as an important member of the family. In Ötztal Valley, for example, a special area on the suspension bridge of scenic Panorama Trail was covered with diamond plate to facilitate dogs the crossing of the swaying, 86-meter long bridge.
Tirol’s Best Dog-Friendly Hotels
Find out which pet friendly hotels are rolling out the red carpet for your dog in Tirol. Apart from the common “Star” Hotel Rating Scheme, pet friendly hotels are as well rated by “Paws”: These accommodations are rated on a rising scale of one to five Paws.
- Magdalena Hotel in scenic Zillertal Valley will even go so far as to offer a special swimming pond for dogs, a playground exclusively for dogs, washing amenities and a bike dog trailer for rental.
- At the deluxe 5 Star Klosterbräu Hotel in Seefeld, dogs are greeted with finest amenities and full garden access. They are treated to walking service and dog sitters are on hand if you need to leave your dog for a while and don't want her to get lonely.
- Rated with three paws, Fliana Dog Hotel in Ischgl offers canine-friendly perks that provide dogs and their owners with winsome extras and practical necessities, surrounded by the lofty Silvretta Mountains.
- 5 Stars & 5 Paws: As good as it gets! Dogs that check in at Tannenhof Hotel will receive exceptional service and amenities. Dogs are even provided with their own seasonal room service menu, freshly prepared for discriminating palates.
- Alpenhotel Müllneralm in St. Johann-Oberndorf offers exceptional service and special amenities to dogs. What’s best, the hotel requires no deposit or extra charge for canine guests.