Add to Travel Guide
Use the star icon to add this page to your reminder list and create your own personal Tirol Travel Guide.
Many hotels and guesthouses in Tirol specialise in welcoming families and create a friendly atmosphere where guests of all ages will feel at home.
Family holidays in Tirol promise three things: plenty of fresh mountain air, lots of great activities and hearty local food to suit every taste.
The quality-approved family accommodation providers in Tirol are specialists in welcoming families with children. Child-friendly services and infrastructure ensure that youngsters of all ages and interests will find plenty to see and do, giving their parents the chance to relax.
Holidays in Tirol – quality-approved family accommodation
Criteria which quality-approved family accommodation providers must meet include having both an indoor and an outdoor play area. Many places also offer a childcare service in order to give parents a little time alone. In the 16 family regions children and teenagers will find a huge range of attractions.
Here are the criteria in detail:
- Safe location away from busy roads; secure play area, garden and entrance
- Indoor play area
- Large family double rooms (suitable for at least three people) or family apartments (at least two separate rooms)
- Secure power sockets
- Small stools for children and changing area in the bathroom
- Cot, bedsheets, baby package
- Highchair and crayons at the table
- Children's meals (for accommodation providers with half-board)
- Storage facilities for wintersports equipment
- Recommendations and information about family-friendly activities in the area (infrastructure, days out, activities organised by the tourism board, etc.)