Professional mountain bike guides bring with them a wealth of backcountry riding experience, incredible local knowledge, and an unrivaled passion for mountain biking. They lead personal mountain bike tours for riders of all ability and experience levels, and they know every inch of Tirol’s massive trail system. Experienced local guides provide everything you will need, so all you have to do is have a great time on your bike!
Tirol boasts some of the finest mountain biking in the world. With the winding and weaving network of trails, however, knowing how to make the most of this mountain biking mecca is easier said than done. The best way to guarantee you find the ideal trails and terrain you’re looking for is to ride with an experienced local guide. Although the sheer abundance of trails is an endless web of flowing bliss, sometimes it can feel like a complex, albeit intriguing, maze. Trained guides will help you decipher the maps and show you what makes this country such a wonderful mountain biking destination. So whether you’re looking for someone to lead a stress-free mountain bike adventure for the whole family, or simply want a fellow ripper to help you find the best dirt, guided tours are tailored specifically to you and your needs. Professional guides will pair you with a ride that compliments your skill level and desires, and get you safely out on the trails in no time.
Guided Mountain Bike Tours at Tirol’s Best Mountain Biking Regions
The country’s top mountain biking destinations have everything you need to start your adventure, including the perfect combination of terrain to challenge riders of all skill levels and abilities. All of these locations have special accommodations, which are ideal base camps for your Tirol biking vacation. All resorts offer rental equipment that will give you the confidence to get out of granny gear and into a mystical singletrack zone. And Tirol’s Best Places for Mountain Biking have professional guides that take you to new places - explore the trails and hone your trail skills while discovering new and varied terrain.
- Paznaun-Ischgl: The guide team of the Silvretta Bike Academy in Ischgl will lead you to the best trails and the many hidden gems of the Silvretta Range and scenic Paznaun Valley. They offer custom full-day mountain bike tours and mountain bike skills clinics in groups or in private sessions.
- Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis:Sport Center Bacher in Serfaus custom tailors daily guided bike tours specifically for your desires, from casual rides around town to full on mountain singletrack riding adventures, to ensure an experience of a lifetime on your bike.
- Tirol Oberland: Reschen Pass, on the border to Italy and Switzerland, is one of Tirol’s top mountain-biking locales. Professional guides create a one-of-a- kind mountain biking experience for you to enjoy. What’s best, guided tours are free to holders of the 3-Country Summer Card.
- Tirol Zugspitz Arena: Georg Mott and the team of Bike Guiding Zugspitz Arena offer 18 guided biking trips a week. Whether it’s an introductory lesson, or cruising down moderate buffed-out single track, or gnarly gonzo expedition riding, the professional guides take you to Zugspitz Arena’s best trails for your interest and abilities.
- Ötztal Valley: The friendly, knowledgeable local guides of Ötztal Bike School in Sölden and Freeride Center Morandell in Haiming will move you with soul-stirring mountain bike locations and experiences in Ötztal Valley.
- Innsbruck & Its Village Resorts: Guided mountain bike trips are offered each Thursday between June 02 and August 01, 2016. Meets at the Tourist Information Office in Götzens at 09:00am. These 2 to 3 hour trips are free to Guest Card holders. Appropriate gear (bikes and helmets are available for rental) and physical fitness required. Please register one day in advance with the Götzens Tourist Information Office.
- Achensee Lake: At Achensee Lake Region, local sports shops will pair you with experienced mountain bike guides who will take you on memorable tours in the environs of Tirol’s largest lake.
- Zillertal Valley: Zillertal has earned a reputation for its endless mountain biking options with trails that range from beginner to advanced and suit all riding abilities. Bike Arena Zillertal and Active Center in Zell am Ziller offer professionally guided custom mountain biking tours. Guided mountain bike trips are as well available in the environs of Mayrhofen and Hippach.
- Kitzbühel Alps: Those wanting to hone their skills are strongly recommended to join Kurt Exenberger’s Bike Academy in Kirchberg. Here, riding roots run deep and their passion to deliver a world class Kitzbühel Alps mountain biking experience is evident at every turn.
MTB Skills & Techniques: What's a Bunny Hop?
Tirol’s professional bike guides and schools are dedicated to helping riders of all ages and abilities improve their confidence and riding skills quickly and safely. They feel passionately about educating the whole rider through teaching a variety of concepts related to mountain biking, from bike maintenance to understanding how to care for the trail systems you ride. Local guides will share the history of the area and offer instruction in mountain bike skills and techniques from foundational to advanced and trail etiquette.