Latest information at a glance:
See current requirements for people entering or returning from Tirol under "Travel Warnings" in the Dashboard below:
The following relaxation of Covid-19 restrictions will apply from 1 July 2021:
- Persons entering Austria from a country with a low incidence of infections do not have to fill out a pre-travel clearance form anymore. However, they must provide prove that they have tested negative, have received a vaccination (more than 21 days ago), or have recovered from a past infection.
- No mandatory closing time for restaurants anymore.
- No more capacity restrictions in restaurants regarding the size of groups. The “Three Gs” rule still applies (geimpft, getestet, genesen – vaccinated, tested, recovered).
- The capacity of night clubs in which guests are predominantly not seated is limited to 75%. Only vaccinated persons or those with a negative PCR test result (not older than 72 hours) are allowed to enter night clubs.
- No minimum distance applies anymore.
- No more mask requirement in restaurants and bars, hotels, accommodation, or recreational facilities (neither FFP2 nor regular cloth masks). The “Three Gs” rule applies (geimpft, getestet, genesen – vaccinated, tested, recovered). You must continue to wear a face mask in indoor spaces, on public transport, in public spaces as well as customer areas of business premises.
- No maximum capacity limits for cultural events.
The “Three Gs” rule applies (geimpft, getestet, genesen – vaccinated, tested, recovered) in the following areas:
- When entering Austria
- Restaurants and bars
- Hotel and accomodation
- Recreation facilities (e.g. zoos)
- Events with more than 100 guests
- Sport facilities