latest update: 28/03/2020, 09:45 a.m.
IMPORTANT! Two people from a large group of holidaymakers who were in Axams and Götzens from 13 to 16 March have tested positive for the Coronavirus. The regional authorities in Tirol are warning of the risk to people who may have come into contact with them. Austrians who notice symptoms should call 1450. Visitors who were in these locations and have now returned home should contact the health authorities in their own country for advice.
This warning applies in particular to people who visited the following locations during the period mentioned above:
⭢ Gondola/ski lifts in Axamer Lizum
⭢ Almbar (Axamer Lizum)
⭢ Bärenhütte= Pleisenhütte
⭢ Hotel Edelweiss, Götzens
⭢ Tiroler Haus
⭢ Public skibus to the Axamer Lizum
⭢ Golfstüberl Birgitz
⭢ Sportcafe Götzens
⭢ Intersport Axamer Lizum
⭢ Gasthaus Bini´s
⭢ Alparthotel, Götzens
ATTENTION IMPORTANT! All people who were in bars and après-ski locations in Mayrhofen and in Gerlos in the Zillertal Valley as well as in Zell am Ziller and Aschau-Kaltenbach from 8 to 15 March should closely observe their state of health. Austrian guests who experience symptoms of the Coronavirus should call the hotline 1450. Guests from other countries should contact their respective health authorities. This advice applies in particular to people who were in the following bars and après-ski locations:
⭢ Mayrhofen: Brück’n Stadl, Scotland Yard Pub, Hotel Strass “Arena Club”, “Steakhouse” restaurant, “Happy End“ café / bar
⭢ Gerlos: “Skihütte” Aprés-ski location, Seppi’s Gerlos
⭢ Zell am Ziller: Zellerstuben, Hili Bar
⭢ Aschau-Kaltenbach: "Marendalm" restaurant
- Entering and leaving Tirol is only permitted in absolutely exceptional circumstances. This applies to all border crossings as well as to Innsbruck Airport and all public transport. The borders with Italy, Switzerland and Germany are closed. Please note that these restrictions do not apply to holidaymakers travelling home, people travelling to and from work as well as the transport of goods. For more information please click here.
- In Tirol there are as of 28 March 2020, 09:45 a.m. 1.800 confirmed cases of the Coronavirus.
- Since 18 March 2020 (24:00) all 279 municipalities in Tirol have been under quarantine. For more details click here.
- All ski resorts in Tirol have closed. This decree issued by the authorities will remain in place until at least 13 April 2020. For more information on ski resorts in Tirol please click here.
- Accommodation providers (hotels, apartments, private rooms, etc.) have been closed to guests since 16 March 2020 (24:00). This decree issued by the authorities will remain in place until at least 13 April 2020.
- A range of decrees issued by the Austrian government at national level and Tirolean government at regional level are causing significant restrictions to daily life.
These comprehensive measures, which will result in the winter season finishing early, have been agreed in close cooperation with the authorities and the tourism industry. The health and safety of the local population, staff and guests from around the world is our number one priority.
For the latest update click here, where you will find a list of the most important questions and answers at the bottom.