In the heart of Pertisau lies the four-star Apartmenthaus Alpenperle. Thanks to its disability-friendly facilities, including a spa and gym, it is an ideal base camp for wheelchair users staying in the region around Lake Achensee.
Tips and ideas on holidays for wheelchair users
- Wheelchair users can access the Appartementhaus Alpenperle directly from the car park. The recreation rooms, spa, gym and bedrooms with terrace are also wheelchair-friendly.
- The accommodation lies close to Lake Achensee. Many natural materials from the local region have been incorporated into the interior decor. In front of the building there is a sunny lawn.
- Sports enthusiasts will love the region around Lake Achensee. Highlights include the Falzthurnalm hut, which can be accessed via a walking path suitable for wheelchairs, and handbike rides such as along the eastern shore of the lake with spectacular views.
- Even if the weather is bad, there are still plenty of activities in the building such as a large gym (accessible for wheelchair users).
- The spa, which is also accessible for wheelchair users, has a steam room, sauna and relaxation area.
- During the winter months there is plenty to see and do near Lake Achensee. Alpine skiing and cross-country skiing are two of the most popular winter activities. Don't forget to check out the cross-country skiing trail from Maurach to Pertisau. Advanced and expert cross-county skiers will enjoy the Falzthurn-Gramai -Pertisau trail, while those new to the sport can take their first tentative turns in the beginners' area in Pertisau.
Click here to book your stay in this quality-approved accommodation for wheelchair users.