Advent Season on the Forest Festivity Area of Mayrhofen is a magical combination of homespun traditions, breathtaking scenery and the search for the true sense of Christmas.
During Advent season, romantic Scheuling Forest offers guests the unique opportunity to find the true sense of Christmas without the hustle and bustle of shopping malls, tinsel, and hectic schedules. Catch the Christmas spirit and spend time in Mayrhofen as you discover an old fashioned holiday with peaceful mountain charm, sprinkled with excitement for the season’s most anticipated holiday and deeply rooted in tradition. There will be traditional wind players, choirs and carol singers. A giant, handmade Advent wreath with a diameter of 3.5 meters will illuminate the place.
Mayrhofen Advent Season Highlights
- With the air effervescent with scents of delectable seasonal foods, the Advent Market is a gift for visitors of all ages. Lovingly decorated stalls sell mouth-watering, local Advent and Christmas specialties, such as tasty “Zillertal Krapfen”, a local staple, and spicy mulled wine.
- Kröll’s Advent Bakery: Make your own Mayrhofen Advent Gingerbread Angel.
- St Nicholas and his entourage will arrive on the evening of December 03, bringing sweet gifts to the well-behaved little girls and boys. The Christkind Parade will take place on December 18, 2021 at 6:00pm.
- Meet skilled craftsman Raimund Kollreider working on his smithy.
- Especially for Families: For little ones, there’s cookie baking, a petting zoo and an atmospheric Christkindl post office (open 5:00pm to 7:00pm) at the Forest Festivity Area.