A true challenge on 69 kilometers and an absolute must for passionate mountain bikers with enough stamina, good biking skills and an excellent physical shape. The very demanding and difficult stages of this tour promise action-packed adventures at their finest.
- Starting point of this tour is the car park behind the parish church in lovely Scharnitz, easily accessible by public bus lines or train.
- The scenic forest trail takes you up to Karwendelhaus, conquering some 900 meters of altitude gain on a length of 20 kilometers.
- As soon as you reach Hochalm Saddleback, the highest point of the tour at 1803 meters above sea level, you can look forward to a great and quite long downhill track leading to superb Kleiner Ahornboden alpine maple area.
- A strenuous ascent leads uphill again to Plumsjochhütte at 1630 meters altitude - pedaling across Johannistal Valley to Risstal Valley.
- Perfect technical skills and a high level of concentration are required for the singletrail before you reach the asphalt road to Pertisau. Continue along the shore of Lake Achensee towards Inntal Valley.
- Return by train to the starting point in Scharnitz.