This route, covering only 17 kilometers, ranks among the short stages of the tour. But at the same time it is deeply rooted in history and boasts awesome landscapes of natural beauty. Pedaling past verdant meadows and crystal clear Haldensee Lake, you can explore some of the most pristine and idyllic parts of the Alps before you reach the end of the stage in Tannheim.
- You conquer 250 varied meters of altitude gain on this scenic route of intermediate difficulty. Most parts of the track lead along convenient asphalt cycleways.
- Right after the start of the tour in Weißenbach you conquer 250 meters of altitude, pedaling through a truly breathtaking alpine ravine. Here you are strongly recommended to stop and walk down into the gorge with its mighty rock walls on both sides.
- As soon as you reach the valley bottom of Tannheimer Tal valley the splendid route travels without major difficulties across lush meadows and shady forests. Enjoy the fantastic landscape!
- The moderate ascent towards Tannheimer Tal leads along the historical „Via Salina“ which used to be one of the most important salt trade routes in the past.
- A magnificent valley formed by Berger Ache mountain brook is known as the „Alps' most scenic high-altitude valley“, surrounded by the picturesque mountains of Aggstein and Gimpel with their steep ridges and rock faces towering high above the region.