This wonderful loop tour of Kaunergrat Nature Park traverses the amazing Alpine pasture region high above Kaunertal Valley and is an area of awesome natural beauty and rich in wildlife and fauna. Enjoy the nature park in a nutshell on this walk through some of the area’s most characteristic landscapes and spend relaxed moment on quaint Falkaunsalpe Alpine Pasture Hut. Throw in great views and you’ve got the flavour of this walk.
- Enjoy the Kaunergrat Nature Park in a nutshell on this walk through some of the area’s most characteristic landscapes that offers some of the finest high-level walking and beautiful glimpses of the different areas of wildlife that inhabit it. This land has been fairly intensively managed for a long time.
- The Alpine pasture region’s rich biodiversity will surprise and invigorate you. The trail travels from Falkaunsalpe Alpine Pasture Hut to Gallruttalpe, which is only accessible on foot.
- Visit the reservoir of Gallruttbach Brook -- its waters are used for irrigating the slopes of Kaunerberg.
- The trail traverses a tunnel and eventually merges with the dirt road that winds to Falksaunsalpe.
- You’ll have wonderful views of Kaunertal Valley’s surrounding peaks, ranges and glaciers.