Flights to Tirol are available from many international destinations. Innsbruck-Kranebitten Airport is the gateway to the Heart of the Alps. Winter or summer, you'll be enjoying stunning landscapes and meeting friendly locals in no time.
Top Flight Connections to Innsbruck
FROM THE UK TO INNSBRUCK
Innsbruck Airport is served by daily scheduled flights and numerous charter flights from UK airports. easyJet flies directly from London Gatwick, Bristol, Liverpool and Manchester to Innsbruck. British Airways also has direct routes from London Heathrow and London Gatwick to Innsbruck.
- NEW! Manchester to Innsbruck with easyJet, from 10 December to 24 March 2019, 1 x week (every Sunday) – winter only
- NEW! More flights from London Heathrow (LHR) to Innsbruck with British Airways. Daily flights except Wednesdays. Two flights a day on Saturdays and Sundays.
- NEW! London Stansted (STN) to Innsbruck with Laudamotion, from December (1 x week, every Sunday) – winter only
- NEW! Dublin to Innsbruck with Laudamotion, from December (1 x week, every Saturday) – winter only
Winter Special: Both easyJet and British Airways now offer regular flights from London (Heathrow and Gatwick) to Innsbruck all year round – perfect for an early-season ski on the glaciers. From December onwards, easyJet runs double daily flights from Gatwick starting at just £28 one-way, while British Airways flies eight times a week from Heathrow, alongside its regular Gatwick service.
VIA MUNICH TO TIROL
Munich airport is just 200 kilometres from Innsbruck and has excellent connections to Tirol. Travellers arriving by airplane in Munich can use the transfer.tirol shuttle service (run by Four Seasons Travel) to reach their final destination. Alternatively, Flixbus has direct connections from Munich airport and central train station via Seefeld in Tirol to the regional capital Innsbruck.
VIA MUNICH-MEMMINGEN TO TIROL
Munich-Memmingen airport is just 180 kilometres from Innsbruck. Ryanair flies directly from London Stansted. Travellers arriving in Memmingen can use the Tirol Travel shuttle service (run by Allgäu Airport Express) with excellent connections to Tirol's top winter destinations Ischgl, Sölden and St. Anton.
VIA VIENNA, FRANKFURT, LONDON AND AMSTERDAM TO TIROL
Star Alliance Partner Austrian Airlines serves the international hubs Frankfurt and Vienna, while One World Partner British Airways offers flights to London Heathrow and the KLM-affiliated airline Transavia has flies to Amsterdam. From all these major international airports there are direct connections to Innsbruck. Frankfurt am Main, home to Germany's largest airport, offers four flights daily to Innsbruck. There are up to six flights daily from Vienna to Innsbruck.
Flight times and further information: www.austrian.com
Direct Flights to Tirol
Munich airport is the second-largest air traffic hub in Germany and offers many options for travelling on to Tirol. The 200km journey to Tirol takes around two and a half hours and can be made train, bus or using the "transfer.tirol" service.Learn more
Visitors arriving at Memmingen airport can continue their journey to Tirol by bus, train or hire car. It takes less than two hours to get to the Lechtal Valley, while the drive to the regional capital Innsbruck takes around two and a half hours.Learn more
From Salzburg airport it takes around two hours to reach Innsbruck both by train and by car. The ÖBB-Postbus also offers a number of bus connections, including to Kitzbühel.Learn more
This airport just over the border on the German side of Lake Constance is well connected to Tirol by train, bus and transfer shuttle. Visitors can also hire a car.Learn more
The train journey from Zurich to Tirol over the Arlberg pass in an experience in itself. It takes around three and a half hours, but the spectacular views of the Alps mean it will be over in the blink of an eye. Alternative ways of getting to Tirol include bus, transfer shuttle and hire car.Learn more
Transfer to Accommodation
Innsbruck airport is an ideal starting point for visitors to Tirol. Its central location, excellent public transport connections and proximity to the Inntalautobahn motorway make it easy to reach all other areas of Tirol.
- Bus line F takes visitors to the city centre in around 10 minutes and to the main train station in around 20 minutes. From the main train station there are many train and bus connections to all the regions of Tirol.
- Local shuttle operators and hotels offer transfers to and from the airport. For more information contact the tourism board in the area where you are staying.
- There is also the transfer.tirol service from Four Seasons Travel. This service connects Innsbruck airport and Munich airport. It can be booked up to 72 hours in advance.