One of the crown jewels of Tirol’s multi-day walks, Kaiserkrone (The Emperor’s Crown) takes you to the heart of one of the most spectacular mountain ranges in the Alps, Wilder Kaiser Mountain Range, literally ‘Wild Emperor’. This wonderful six-day trek is of moderate difficulty and is a truly magnificent and complete experience – feel the moods of the jagged and lofty mountains, overnight in quaint mountain huts and wake up to divine sunrises. Enjoy an alpine world flush in wildflower-bursting meadows and pretty alpine lakes. Enjoy breathtaking views, too, of imposing peaks and valleys and of Chiemsee Lake and Großglockner Mountain in the distance.
- The first section of the route follows the Eagle Walk, and is lovingly dubbed a “photo hot spot” for its amazing natural beauty and gorgeous vistas. Breathtaking views open around you as you climb above Baumgartnerköpfl Peak, famous for its ‘Mountaineer’s Grave’.
- Destination end of day one is Grutten Hut, the highest-lying mountain lodge of Wilder Kaiser Mountain Range. A special highlight here is the newly installed Eagle View, a state-of-the-art telescope viewer that shows the names of all mountains and peaks with a digital 360° panorama display .
- There is nothing like a pristine mountain lake for relief from summer's heat. You might find it incomparably refreshing to take a break and cool off in crystal-clear Hintersteinersee Lake.
- Savour every moment as you explore the tastes and textures of hearty culinary delicacies at lovely on-mountain eateries, from organic food over homebrewed beer and pork roast from the wood-burning stove to cheese from an Alpine dairy.
- Watch for chamois grazing on the grassy knolls at Kaindl Hut, towered by the lofty summits of 1,968-meter Zettenkaiser Mountain and 2,111-meter Scheffauer Peak.
- The views of legendary Totenkirchl and Fleischbank Peaks are most dramatic from the lower vantage at Stripsenjoch Col, with perpendicular rock walls rising several hundred meters high.
- Stripsenjochhaus Lodge is a prime spot for watching one of nature's best shows: See the sun fill the air over the lofty peaks with its warming glow—the sunrise is simply divine.