The Stubai Valley's "Big Family" programme covers a wide range of activities for children and parents, from visits to traditional mountain huts to fun and games in the great outdoors.
When parents head off on holiday with their children, it is always good to know that there will be plenty of things to see and do for youngsters at their holiday destination. That is definitely the case in the Stubai Valley. Highlights include the summercoaster in Mieders and the Adventure Park in Fulpmes with its high-rope park. Families with younger children will enjoy the "Kids' Park Klaus Äuele", a forest play area with a balance trail and a zipwire. Youngsters and adults alike will be fascinated by the birds of prey show park in Telfes, where some of the most majestic birds in the Alps can be observed in full flight. The creative Treehouse Trail in the Schlick 2000 resort is also great fun and can be easily combined with a family walk. After all that action and adventure, what better place to reflect on a fun day in the mountains and full up your energy reserves than one of the region's many huts and restaurants with their child-friendly faciltiies such as play areas and drawing corners?
Highlights of the Free Weekly Activity Programme
From the end of July until early September, children and teenagers can enjoy a lot free activities as part of the free weekly programme from Monday to Friday.
- "Mountain Olympics" with treasure hunt and water games at the Serlesbahnen cable car in Mieders (Tuesdays)
- Visit to a real working farm with pony riding and fun games with Henne Hanna (Wednesdays)
- Animal quiz and visit to the Grawa Wasserfall waterfall with Wendelin the Water Fly (Friday)
- Excursion to the Adventure Park with high-rope adventure park in Fulpmes (Fridays; from 10 years; extra charge applies)
- Wild Water Day with kayaking, stand-up paddle (SUP) or rafting on the Obere Ruetz river (Mondays; from 10 years; extra charge applies)