The annual Cycling World Trophy in St. Johann is among the biggest cycling events in the world. More than 3,500 competitors will compete for their chance at glory in the 55th event this August.
International Cycling World Trophy, Juniors Cycling Cup, Airport Sprint, Hill Sprint, Vintage World Championships and Masters Cycling Classic Championships: In its 55th year, St. Johann in Tirol and the lofty Kitzbühel Alps will play host to the jewels in the international bicycle racing scene.
- Towered by rugged and mighty Wilder Kaiser Mountain Range, passionate cyclists aged 18 to 80+ will race on a 40 kilometer course of awesome natural beauty.
- Aspiring cyclists aged 10 to 18 will battle it out in the Juniors Cycling Cup.
- It’s all about speed in the Airport Sprint where competitors ride a 1,000-meter course as fast as they can.
- The timed hill climb starts from the car park at the base of St. Johann Gondola and ends at Berghotel Pointenhof, at an elevation of 1,000 meters.
- Since the 50th anniversary of the event five years ago, the Vintage World Championships have been held with a competition riding historic roadbikes and a relaxed “Vintage Excursion Ride”.
- In the Masters Cycling Classic, only licensed riders will compete.
Down the line, it’s all about partying and award giving ceremonies all week long at the village center of St. Johann. Live music, refreshing drinks and culinary delicacies conclude a most memorable experience for both athletes and spectators.
International Cycling World Trophy, Juniors Cycling Cup, Airport Sprint, Hill Sprint, Vintage World Championships and Masters Cycling Classic…