There are few regions in Tirol with such a family-friendly profile as Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis in the Upper Inn Valley. From family-friendly accommodation to adventure trails for children, there is so much for youngsters and their parents to see, do and discover.
"We are family" is the motto of Serfaus, Fiss and Ladis, three pretty villages located on a sunny plateau in the Upper Inn Valley. Families who choose to spend their holidays here will soon notice that this is much more than just a marketing slogan. At the bottom, top and middle stations of the region's cable cars – which can be used free of charge by visitors with a guestcard – there are themed hiking trails and adventure parks for children of all ages as well as the young at heart. Those with a strong stomach and nerves of steel can take on the "Fisser Flieger" and the "Skyswing", while younger children will enjoy the Murmliwasser water-themed play area by the Wildbach river in Serfaus. Combining traditional treasure hunting with state-of-the-art technology, the Bären-Caching-Park invites guests to embark on a GPS treasure hunt. Last but not least, the bike park is a definite must-do for youngsters who are into mountain biking.
On those rare occasions when the weather gods are not smiling on Tirol, there is still plenty to do. For example, a visit to one of the friendly inns where children are very welcome – or a trip to the "Play In" indoor play area in Serfaus or the "Indoor Arena" in Fiss.
Highlights of the free weekly activity programme
From the middle of June until the middle of October, children and teenagers can enjoy a wide range of activities from Monday to Friday as part of the free weekly activity programme on offer in the region. The programme is repeated on a bi-weekly basis, so please check the weekly plan to find out which activities when you are in the region.
- Fiss: rock climbing for children – with mountain guide Christian (Monday 9:30, all age groups, please register in advance)
- Serfaus: explore the forest and play fun games with Lilli the Beatle (Tuesday 10:00, every odd calender week)
- Serfaus: search for Frog King Toni in the meadows and forests (Tuesday 10:00, every even calender week)
- Fiss: Ship ahoy – build a ship together with wood, nails and hammers (Wednesday 13:30, every even calender week)
- Fiss: Action, fun and teamwork in the forest (Friday, 13:30, every odd calender week, for older children and teenagers)