The "SOS EU Alp" app is a great alternative way to report emergencies in alpine terrain in Tirol (Austria), South Tirol/Alto Adige (Italy) and Bavaria (Germany).
The Mountain Rescue Tirol Emergency Smartphone App operated by the Tirol Control Centre is a new alternative method for reporting emergencies in alpine terrain. The (almost) exact localisation of the victim by means of an integrated GPS module significantly reduces the time period between alerting emergency services and the actual rescue. The Mountain Rescue Tirol Emergency App is therefore a valuable addition to the official alpine emergency number 140 and, under certain circumstances, can even save lives.
All details on the Mountain Rescue Tirol Emergency App at a glance
- Specifically designed for emergencies in alpine terrain within Tirol
- Can be used in Tirol, South Tirol/Alto Adige (Italy) and Bavaria (Germany)
- Directly connected with the Tirol Control Centre
- Transmission in an acute emergency situation of victim’s location at the touch of a button (GPS coordinates) and personal data (per internet or SMS) as well as altitude information and details on the mobile phone battery charge level to Tirol’s Control Centre
- Simultaneous establishment of a telephone connection with the Tirol Control Centre to clarify the situation
- Alerting and dispatch of required emergency personnel by the Tirol Control Centre
- Includes a test mode allowing users to test the data transmission function and telephone connection without the worry of triggering a false alarm