The Hotel Neuwirt enjoys a central location at the foot of the Tux Mountains and slightly above the valley floor in the winter resort of Finkenberg in the Zillertal Valley. This position makes it the ideal base camp for wheelchair users who like to get out and about in the mountains.
Tips and ideas on holidays for wheelchair users
- The hotel offers a special wheelchair-friendly room sleeping up to 6 people. There are also a number of other rooms in the hotel which are suitable for wheelchair users with good mobility.
- In the bathroom there is a shower seat which can also be used for the shower in the sauna Important! The door to the sauna is just 58cm wide, which means that only narrow wheelchairs will be able to access it.
- The chillout area is fully wheelchair accessible.
- The ski resort of Mayrhofen is close to Finkenberg and can be accessed using a wheelchair-friendly cable car. Finkenberg and the surrounding area offer plenty of après-ski party fun.
- Nature lovers will find plenty of walking paths and handbike rides along the floor of the Zillertal Valley.
- The nearby village of Fügen las a large thermal baths and there are other swimming pools in the surrounding region.
Important! This hotel is not recommended for guests in an electric wheelchair since the bathroom facilities are not accessible for widee wheelchairs. Please call the hotel and speak to a member of staff for further information.