This 40-kilometer stage features challenging 1000 meters of altitude gain. For a less effortless tour you can also take the mountain gondola. Bikers are rewarded with a wonderful panoramic backdrop along the trail of intermediate difficulty: mighty Zugspitze Peak towers high above the entrance to the scenic Karwendel Nature Park.
- The first stage – a strenuous climb – travels through wildly romantic Gaistal Valley, followed by a really speedy downhill track to Leutasch.
- Leaving behind Weidach you reach another steep ascent comprising some 200 meters of altitude gain, before you pedal on a more leisurely route along Fludertal Valley until you get to Scharnitz, the end of this day stage.
- Right at the beginning of this tour, bikers can also take a ride with the panoramic Ehrwalder Almbahn mountain gondola, avoiding the steep ascent on the asphalt road featuring 400 meters of altitude gain.
- In case of wet or bad weather you can shortcut the stage to Ehrwalder Alm and Gaistal by taking the trail via Garmisch- Partenkirchen and Mittenwald on the northern flank, which is much longer but also less steep.
- Ehrwald can be found directly on the "Außerfernbahn" railroad line connecting Reutte to Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
The first stage – a strenuous climb – travels through wildly romantic Gaistal Valley, followed by a really speedy downhill track to…