The 56-kilometer stage has its trailhead in Kössen and leads to Kitzbühel - one of Tirol's high class holiday and sports resort. Bikers have to conquer demanding 1900 meters of altitude gain before they reach scenic Kitzbüheler Horn at 1996 meters above sea level. All efforts are rewarded with picture-book views of the alpine scenery.
- Due to its length and strenuous uphill climbs the tour is rated very difficult.
- After a short, leisurely track behind Kössen you reach the first steep ascent via Klausenberg to Hasenauer Alm, followed by a downhill section to the village of Erpfendorf. Here the route leads along Großache Brook to Kirchdorf and St. Johann.
- A part of this tour travels along the official Tour of Austria cycle route as quaint Alpenhaus was the end of the "queen's stage" several times.
- The most challenging track of the entire route: 1000 meters of altitude gain and a strenuous uphill climb at the end the of the day – with a maximum uphill gradient of 22.4 % - have to be conquered!
- On top of the peak you enjoy uninterrupted panoramic views of the marvelous Kitzbühel Alps and further to Großvenediger Peak (3657m), Hohe Tauern Massif incl. Großglockner Peak (3798m), Zillertal Alps and many more surrounding summits.
- A speedy and steep downhill passage to Kitzbühel on the asphalt toll road always makes a both pleasant and unforgettable experience.
Due to its length and strenuous uphill climbs the tour is rated very difficult. After a short, leisurely track behind Kössen you reach the…