This hike leads through varied high alpine terrain, from larch-wooded regions up to Greiwiesen pasturelands where clean mountain air and superb alpine flora await you. Hikers are rewarded with stunning vistas of Großglockner Peak, Figerhorn Summit and Kalser Tal Valley.
- The hike across Greiwiesen pastures - a verdant alpine mat embedded in the glacier-topped mountains – ranks among the hike's most scenic experiences. Descending to Lucknerhaus you can admire the most beautiful facets of Großglockner Peak.
- Walking through a splendid larch wood area you reach the Greiwiesen pasturelands. Leaving behind the forest breathtaking views await you, including Kalser Tal valley and eye-catching Figerhorn Summit in the north.
- The Greiwiesen pastures are located above 2,000 meters, therefore big parts of the meadows are still hand mowed. Peace and silence in abundance amid unspoilt nature: this is a perfect place to leave behind everyday life, far away from noisy cities.
- In close vicinity to Kalser Bach brook you find the picture-book affiliated St. George's Church in Romanesque style, featuring a pointed Gothic church tower.
- This stage has no major difficulties but requires a good physical shape and enough stamina. It is suitable for children from 10 years. A footpath from Kals leading through Ködnitztal valley to Lucknerhaus or the toll road from Kals to Lucknerhaus are alternative access routes.