Exploring the Zillertal Alps on foot? Discovering the region's best attractions? Or simply kicking back and relaxing? However you want to spend your next family holiday, the beautiful Zell-Gerlos Region is ideal for visitors of all ages and interests.
High above the village of Zell am Ziller there is a brand new attraction for families which children simply love: the "Fichtenschloss" castle. This is a huge fortress made of pinewood with four towers, a play area and an 18-metre-high viewing platform. In the area around the castle there is also a water play area, a forest adventure trail, a "hammock forest" and a BBQ spot – plenty of good reasons for a fun day out with all the family. Nearby Gerlos has its own high-rope adventure area, while the Arena Coaster in Zell and the Erlebnisgarten Riederklamm provide plenty more adrenaline for visitors with nerves of steel. Don't miss out on the chance to visit the gold mining museum in Hainzenberg with its centuries-old shafts and tunnels. Last but not least, the outdoor adventure pool in Zell is the perfect place to cool off on hot days.
Highlights of the free weekly activity programme
From the end of June until early September, children and teenagers can enjoy lots of great outdoor adventures from Monday to Friday as part of the free weekly activity programme.
- Join Wendelin the Water Flea observing animals living in the water at the nearby stream (Tuesdays, 10:00, Gerlos)
- Fun and games with Bee Line (Wednesdays, 10:00, Gerlos)
- Manni Matschonster - on a expedition
- Mountainbiketour (Monday, 10:00), High ropes course & Flying Fox (Tuesday, 10:00, children aged 10 to 15 years)
- Fun and games in the mountains with Henne Hanna (Wednesdays, 10:00, Zell)
- Outdoor adventure day: splashing around at the swimming pool in Zell with slides and lots more (Fridays, 10:00, Zell)