Lake Achensee is the largest lake in Tirol and enjoys a fabulous location nestled between the Karwendel and Rofan Mountains. One of the best ways to enjoy the natural jewel is on a cruise across the lake.
- Situated in the Lake Achensee holiday region, Tirol's largest lake is an ideal place for active and relaxing holidays. Activities include hiking, swimming, Nordic walking, mountain biking and even paragliding.
- Many of these sports can be combined with a cruise. For example, why not walk or ride along a section of the shore before hopping on a boat and heading back to your accommodation?
- The Achenseeschifffahrt, the company responsible for cruises on the lake, has five boats of different sizes and capacities.
- Six stops are dotted along the shoreline: Pertisau, Seespitz, Buchau, Achenseehof, Scholastika and Gaisalm. The Gaisalm stop is on the western shore of the lake and can only be reached on foot or by boat.
- As well as the standard connections between the stops there are also special evening cruises as well as special themed cruises with music, dancing and fine food.