Soak up the sights, smells and sounds as you wander around Kitzbühel, the world renowned ski resort during Advent season. The aroma of warming mulled wine and delectable foods, enjoyed with a generous sprinkling of cheering concerts will get everyone into the Christmas spirit!
Opening November 27, 2019, lovingly decorated stalls and the air effervescent with scents of delectable foods all add to the spirit-filled atmosphere of the season in the town center. The atmospheric Market celebrates the traditional sights, sounds and scents of Christmas. Distinctive, numerous stalls invite you to browse the traditional crafts and Christmas decorations, as well as to sample the local food and drink specialties available only at Christmas time. Highlights for kids include campfires, storytelling at the Kitzbühel Museum and the popular petting zoo where little ones can ride on the back of friendly ponies. And on December 6, 2019, St Nicholas appears to bring sweet gifts to the well-behaved little girls and boys.
To get the most out of the season in Kitzbühel, the town and its scenic surroundings have laid on a program of traditional seasonal events. Definitely well worth visiting is the ‘Heavenly Advent’ at Rasmushof Farm, located at the finish line of the world renowned Streif racecourse with 40 beautifully decorated fir trees, each with thousands of glittering Christmas decorations as a backdrop. During Advent season, Reith bei Kitzbühel is transformed into a unique, walkable Advent Calendar. Each evening, a lovingly Christmas-theme decorated window is opened in a home. At Jochberg Mountain Advent, local families welcome visitors with homemade specialties..
Kitzbühel Christmas Market Highlights:
- Festive opening of the Christmas Market at the huge Advent Wreath: November 27 at 6:00pm
- Saint Barbara Celebration with a live act by the Knappenmusik Jochberg Brass Band: December 04 at 6:00pm
- St Nicholas appears to bring sweet gifts to the well-behaved little girls and boys at Town Park: December 06 at 5:00pm
- Concerts given by the Wilten Boys’ Choir in Vorderstadt (admission is free): December 07 at 4:30pm and at 6:00pm
- Play to celebrate the 200th anniversary of “Silent Night, Holy Night”: December 12, 2019 at 5:00pm
- Carol Singing by the local junior farmers at the Parish Church of Jochberg: December 01 at 4:30pm
- The Peace Light will be available at the Pavilion in the Christmas Market Village on December 24 from 10:00am onwards