’Tis the beautiful season of the Christmas market in St. Johann: With Christmas cookie baking, puppet theaters and warming fires, there’s plenty to keep the little ones (or the young at heart!) happy—and to get truly into the Christmas spirit.
Whether you are looking for distinctive hand-made gifts, stocking up your cupboards or simply soaking up the atmosphere, the St. Johann Christmas Market will make your Christmas shopping sparkle. Indulge in gingerbread, mulled wine and local seasonal specialties and sing along to Christmas carols while finding that special present.
Set under the fantastic Christmas lights, the tiny market offers a unique shopping experience for visitors of all ages with its fair of various crafters, artists, gift shops and gastronomic surprises.
There will be a variety of traditional entertainment to keep the young ones amused in St. Johann. They will learn about the true sense of Christmas in the forest and by the campfire on Fridays and create delightful Christmas decorations at “Michi’s Eck’n”. Moreover, there’s cookie baking for little ones on Sunday afternoons. Undisputed highlight is the St. Nicholas Parade on December 05 at 6:30pm (the Market will be closed during that day).
St. Johann Christmas Market Highlights:
- Festive Opening and Advent Concert given by “Seiwald & Topf – Blind & Happy” Band: November 30, 2019 at 5:00pm
- Play to celebrate the 200th anniversary of “Silent Night, Holy Night”: December 08, 2019 from 3:00pm to 4:00pm
- St. Nicholas Parade: December 05 at 6:30pm
- “Advent of the Choirs” Concert: December 13, 2019 at 6:00pm
- “Advent in the Mountains” Concert featuring the Meissnitzer Band: December 20 at 6:00pm
- Natural craft making at “Michi’s Eck’n”: Fridays and Saturdays in the afternoon
- Seasonal craft making for adults with St. Johann farmers’ wives: Saturdays in the afternoon (reservations required)
- Christmas Cookie baking for little ones: Sundays in the afternoon
- “Gordon’s Request Program”: Sundays in the afternoon