This 40km intermediate ride (Route 466) leads through the Bächental Valley, which became famous thanks to its oil shale reserves. The route continues past the Sylvensteinstausee reservoir and the München Venezia cross-border bike path before returning to Achenkirch.
- The Bächental Valley is home to reserves of oil shale, with the rock stone oil it contains being used for medical and cosmetic products. After the ride it is well worth paying a visit to the Steinölmuseum (Rock Oil Museum) in Pertisau, which gives fascinating insights into how rock oil is made.
- The Gasthof Aquila guesthouse is a good place to stop off for a snack en route.
- The two power plants on the shores of the Sylvenensteinstausee produce green energy. A bridge offers excellent views over the fjord-like artificial lake.
- The ride enables cyclists to see the Karwendel Mountains from a range of perspectives.
- The München Venezia is a 560km cycle path from Munich to Venezia.