On this splendid tour Austria's highest mountain accompanies you at every turn. Wonderful insights and panoramic vistas of lovely Virgental Valley and glacier-capped peaks of Venediger Mountains add to a memorable experience for passionate hiking fans.
- Indulge in the stunning views of Großglockner Peak all day long. You can make out Austria's tallest mountain at 3,798 meters above sea level as soon as you reach the top station of Goldriedbahn.
- From here picture-book Virgental Valley seems to be only a stone's throw away, as well as the mighty glacier fields of Venediger Mountains. Another vantage point can be found in the area surrounding Kals-Matreier-Törl.
- Following the Panorama Trail between Kals-Matreier-Törl and the Blauspitz top station, varied information boards providing information on high alpine fauna and flora are on display. Next to Gasthaus Glocknerblick inn a wonderful herb and flower trail was installed in order to inform hikers about the local vegetation.
- The Gothic-style parish church of Kals, consecrated to Saint Rupert, is always worth a visit. The church belongs to Austria's oldest parish buildings dating back to Charlemagne's empire in the 8th/9th century.
- This hiking route of intermediate difficulty (red trail) is suitable for children from 8 years.