The Culinary Way of St. James is a unique dining experience that celebrates the awesome beauty of nature and the rich talent of culinary artisans that complement the unique, secluded settings of six Paznaun Valley mountain huts.
In 1994, Austrian celebrity chef Eckart Witzigmann received the rare award Chef of the Century from the Gault Millau Guide. Only three other chefs have been awarded this title. The 12th Culinary Way of St. James will be officially kicked-off on July 10, 2021 with a walk to Almstüberl high above Kappl.
Six award-winning chefs from Tirol create delicious contemporary cuisine with a Tirolean accent on local mountain lodges. The celebrity chefs will join hikers on their way to their lodge where they will prepare their dish. Find out how finest, locally sourced ingredients and six local celebrity chefs are making the valley’s cuisine tastier than ever:
- July 10, 2021: Martin Sieberer, Almstüberl in Kappl
- July 24, 2021: Benjamin Parth, Friedrichshafener Hut in Galtür
- July 31, 2021: Patrick Raass, Heidelberger Hut in Ischgl
- August 21, 2021: Andreas Spitzer, Ascher Hut in See
- September 04, 2021: Young Chefs of Paznaun, Jamtal Hut in Galtür
- September 18, 2021: Hermann Huber, Faulbrunnalm in Galtür
All summer long, hikers can taste the crème de la crème of epicurean delights at these on-mountain eateries, all under Paznaun Valley’s brilliant Alpine skies.