Its flat terrain, gentle elevation gain of 140 meters, and beautiful scenery make the Zillertal Valley Cycle Path the ideal option for leisure cyclists and families. The 31 kilometers follow the Ziller River downstream from Mayrhofen to Strass and pass a rich variety of rewarding sights and attractions. The Zillertal Valley Cycle Path runs along the flat, broad and sunny valley floor valley on paved roads and gravel trails.
Great sights and attractions en route are perfect places to take a break from cycling, including adventure parks, outdoor swimming pools and playgrounds. The excellently signed cycling path passes several train stations where you can get aboard historic Zillertal Train to shorten your journey.
- The Zell Recreation Park is a 45,000 square meter area filled with a rich variety of thrilling activities for families, including an outdoor swimming pool with lap pool, whirl flume, giant slide and paddling pool, an adventure playground, beach volleyball field, tennis courts, miniature golf, bowling, soccer, fun court and a “Garden of the Senses”.
- The Aschau Climbing Facility is a purpose-built climbing facility and offers outdoor and indoor climbing with walls up to 16 meters high, including tons of bouldering and roped climbing for all ages and abilities. The climbing facility is located at Aufenfeld Recreation Park that boasts many more amenities including a swimming lake, a beach volleyball court, a skater park and a Western Town.
- The Zillertal Outdoor Activity Center in Aschau will bring adventure to the next level. Outdoor enthusiasts can choose an adrenaline filled white water rafting trip, leap off a waterfall into the river while canyoning through gorges, conquer the highest mountains with grass skis or mountain boards and take to the skies at paragliding.
- The Adventure Park in Kaltenbach is one of Tirol’s most spectacular aerial forest experiences and climbing terrains, featuring seven aerial forest courses, a challenging high ropes course with a zip line that crosses a waterfall and a Flying Fox Course.
- From Ried, a wonderful trail with 14 Stations of the Cross leads from Riedbach Bridge to Riedberg Chapel. The elaborate wayside shrines are the work of local artist Hermann Wildauer.
- The FireWorks WoodAdventureWorld in Fügen is an exceptional destination in all weathers. A journey into the world of wood is great for families with children aged 8 and older: Learn all about renewable energy sources and the history of wood within a 70-minute guided tour of the Biomass Combined Heat and Power Plant.
- The Zillertal Thermal Spa Resort in Fügen features a health and sauna suite with spa experiences to alter your senses in all the best ways. And it is brimming with exciting features for all ages, such as a variety of pools and giant, up to 134-meter long water slides.
- The Schlitters Swimming Lake is a magnet for summer fun with plenty of water sports activities, beach volleyball courts, tennis courts and a nature-themed adventure playground.
- More opportunities to cool off on a hot summer’s day along the route are Sport- und Wellnesshotel Held, Wohlfühlcamping Hell, Erlebnisfreibad Zillertal, Badewelt Stumm and Erlebnisteich Aufenfeld.
- From the destination end of the Zillertal Valley Cycle Path, there’s direct access to the Inn Cycle Path. At the entrance to scenic Zillertal Valley the Inn Cycle Path leads past Rotholz Castle, built in 1575, and offers breathtaking views of the Pilgrimage Church of the Visitation at Brettfall.