The Venet massif offers some of the most spectacular views anywhere in the Tirolean Oberland. This hike leads up to the highst point, the Glanderspitze, at 2,512 metres above sea level. From the top hikers will be able to see the Ötztal Alps and the Lechtal Alps as well as the Karwendel Mountains. The route back passes the Galflunalm hut (no food) and the Gogles-Alm hut (food), with the latter housing its own alpine dairy.
Top of Venetbahn cable car
Car park, bottom of Venetbahn cable car
Total hiking time
6 h 30 min
- Wheelchair-accessible Hiking Route
- Circular hike
intermediate (red mountain trails)
Elevation uphill 851m
Vertical metres downhill 851m
Best time of year
* These are approximate values and recommendations. Please take your personal fitness level, technical ability and the current weather conditions into account. Tirol Werbung cannot guarantee that the information provided is correct and accepts no liability.
- Accessible using public transport
Bus routes 1, 4206, get off at stop Zams Venetbahn
Parking at the bottom of the Venetbahn cable car (free)
Places serving food & drink
- Venet-Gipfelhütte & Panorama-Restaurant (June until September)
- Galflunalm (mid-June until mid-September)
- Gogles-Alm (early June until mid-September)
- Various locations in Zams
From the top of the Venetbahn cable car on the Krahberg mountain, head east (follow the signs for "Venet-Kreuzjoch E5") gently uphill to Piller Kreuz and the Glanderspitze mountain at 2,512 metres. Once you reach the ridge, head in a north-easterly direction over the Wannejöchl. Then head downwards to the Kreuzjoch at 2,464 metrs. At the signpost (signs for Galflunalm - Larcheralm) there is a narrow mountain trail heading right and down. Pass the turning for the Venetalm hut and continue to the next trail. Turn right there and, in just a few minutes, head up to the Galflunalm hut. From the hut, turn right again and take a long wooden trail with steps (part of the Venet Circular Hike) to the Gogles-Alm hut (2,017 metres). The route back leads along the Venet Circular Hike (signs for Krahberg) gently uphill along the south-western slopes of the Glanderspitze back to the top of the Venetbahn cable car.