Enjoy the captivating sights and sounds of nature when cycling on the 52-kilometer long Lech Cycle Path, along Europe's last untamed river. The beautiful route winds from Reutte to Steeg, where Kaiserbach Brook empties into Lech River. This awesome 4-day tour allows you to appreciate the stunning natural scenery, not forgetting some good food and friendly accommodations en route. With about four hours of riding, the Lech Cycle Path makes for delightful and easy day rides.
Lech River is one of the Alps’ last untamed rivers with sceneries that are sometimes pristine and natural, then wild and yet again gentle; and filled with legendary stories waiting to be discovered. You’ll cycle past vast shingle banks, across some of Europe’s most beautiful riverside woods, and along lush and verdant meadows.
- The spectacular 200 meter-long Holzgau Suspension Bridge crosses Höhenbach Canyon at an incredible 105 meters above ground. It is the highest, longest and most spectacular suspension bridge in all of Austria.
- As of spring 2015, these bragging rights will pass to the “highline179“. With a length of 403 meters and a height of 110 meters, it will be the highest suspension bridge in the world. The “highline179” will be a legitimate connector between remarkable Ehrenberg Castle Ensemble and Fort Claudia near Reutte and will be fully accessible year-round.
- For the daring who like a little thrill every now and then, the new “Wally Blitz” Alpine Coaster in Elbigenalp is ready to oblige: Hop on a sled and cruise down an exhilarating, twisting, turning track down and feel the rush of the 200 meter vertical drop. The elevated track winds you through more than 900 meters of 25 bends and hair-pin curves and 4 jumps at speeds up to 40 kph. Enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery as the lift system whisks you to the top of the track.
- Elbigenalp is the main village of Lechtal Valley. It has become famous for its wood carving school where the works of the pupils are also exhibited and where interested ones can join classes.
- Nature Park Tiroler Lech has blue ribbon rainbow and river trout fishing.
- Only a few kilometers off the Lech Cycle Path, you can take a refreshing dip in magnifcient mountain lakes, Plansee, Heiterwangersee and Urisee.
- Many inns and restaurants whip up delectable and authentic Tirol dishes along the route.