Fifteen Signs You Are Missing Tirol
No matter whether you are a Tirolean native living somewhere else in the world or simply a lover of all things Tirolean who can't wait to get back to the Heart of the Alps, we have put together a list of 15 telltale signs that you are missing Tirol.
1. Whichever city you visit, you look for the Golden Roof.
The Golden Roof in Innsbruck
2. Under the shower you don't sing – you yodel!
3. On Sundays you wear Dirndl and Lederhosen whatever you're doing.
Dirndl and Lederhose can always be worn.
4. The walls of your flat are covered with posters of Tirol.
5. You own a four-wheel drive even though you live in the city.
Off-road adventures await in Tirol.
6. You always take the stairs and imagine you are climbing a mountain.
7. If you do ever take the lift, you imagine it is a cable car.
Innsbruck, Nordkette, Seegrube
8. You can't stop checking the Tirol Heart of the Alps Facebook page.
9. The ringtone on your phone is the sound of cows mooing.
The cows in Tirol are waiting for you.
10. You keep driving in the wrong direction because you need the mountains to find your way around.
11. You know all the best Tirolean recipes off by heart.
Bacon dumplings are delicious.
12. You write your text messages and WhatsApps in Tirolean dialect.
13. You visit your local pet shop to ask if they have a marmot for sale.
What better pet than a marmot?
14. You greet random strangers in the street with a friendly "Servus!"
15. Your dog's collar has a large cowbell hanging from it.
The hills are alive!